Pages

Saturday, December 17, 2011

#326 Kids' drawing...

Today is my oldest daughter's 18th birthday.  Wow.  Do I ever feel old  all of a sudden!
She really, really wanted to go to a restaurant she had heard about.  So we took her.  You only turn 18 once!  They have kraft paper on the tables and crayons for the young ones and the young at heart so my teenagers got to work.  For reasons I can't remember, my adult  daughter decided to draw me.  If I was fat.  At some point, I mentioned that I hadn't done a turtle yet, so my 13 year old drew one for me.  She was across the table from me and over a seat, so this was quite a stretch (literally) for her.  Not bad under the circumstances!  And it is blue because there was no green crayon.  I'm still unsure as to why she chose to make it look like "fat Mommy" had eaten the turtle though....
Oh, and the quote is from A Christmas Story.  She thought it was appropriate for this spectacular drawing.
My kids are goofy.  I hope they never lose that.  :)
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment