Pages

Friday, November 11, 2011

#290 Last Harry Potter themed turtle (for now)

Today Hubby picked up Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part II.  Being the sweet guy that he is, he sprung for the extra $2 and got the "set" that included a Christmas ornament!  He is not a  fan, so I know he didn't get the ornament for himself.
I used it for the shell of today's turtle along with official Harry Potter 'replica' coins that I forgot my youngest daughter had.  Unfortunately, there are only three coins in the set.  Hubby's camera has a feature that allows you to "stitch" photos together.  He tried for about half an hour to get a good stitched photo of a turtle with a head and four limbs, but it just wasn't working well.  See what he does for me??  What a sweetheart!  While watching him, I thought I might be able to use Picnik's collage feature to match two cropped photos up.  They don't line up perfectly, but I still like the effect.

This ends my week of Harry Potter themed turtles. 

I have enjoyed the Harry Potter series.  J.K. Rowling summed it up beautifully:
“Whether you come back by page or by the big screen, Hogwarts will always be there to welcome you home.” Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment