Pages

Thursday, August 11, 2011

#199 Leafy-Lacey Turtle

My daughter and I went for a bike ride to a nearby pond today.  I was hoping to get a picture of a real, live turtle for today but I didn't see any.  I have come to the (unproven) conclusion that turtles don't care for basking on breezy days.  It was windy when I didn't see any at the cottage and it was breezy today. 

I saw this great leaf and thought it looked like a good turtle body.  Because it doesn't look so good in the photo, I have labeled them as I saw them.  I thought that a perfect compliment to this leafy body would be a pretty Queen Anne's Lace shell.  So we looked for the biggest Queen Anne's Lace that we could find, which was still too small for the leaf, and I posed my leaf and took a picture.  Well, several really, but the wind kept blowing my leaf and wrecking the shot!

Anyhow, here is my turtle, that doesn't really look like much of a turtle, with it's too-small shell.

sigh


...A smart person might have gone looking for another, smaller leaf.... Pin It

1 comment: