Pages

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

#38 Disaster of a turtle

Oh my goodness.  Who knew that what looked like fairly simple paper folding could go so horribly wrong?  I did a test run of the turtle earrings that I thought I would like to make.

Hahahahahahahahahaha!

I don't think that they are going to be happening.  I can't figure out where I went wrong.  I am going to try to see if I can find different directions that explain the steps another way because clearly I did not understand the ones I had.  I give myself an 'A' for the effort though!  I'm going to keep trying.  If I get it at this size, I think I want earrings to be almost half this size.  You'll know if I am ever successful!

I have misplaced my trusty penny for size reference, but if you imagine that the shell is a square, it is about one square inch.


I'm also posting a photo of the ring that I forgot I had.  Once upon a time, this was shiny silver.  It had some sort of stone for a shell, but something that I can't remember happened to that and it was replaced with a teeny piece of brown leather.  I used to wear it all the time.  Now the only finger it fits on properly is my left ring finger but I'm not about to replace my wedding ring.  :)

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment